Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Zoe's Christmas Concert & School Party

Zoe had her school Christmas concert on December 9. It was for K-4 and the K-2 all had to dress as angels. I made an angel costume (with no sewing machine, thank you very much) and bought the wings and halo. K-2 sang for 20 minutes! We have had a "concert" almost every night since and during every shopping trip and every car ride - you get the picture.



Somewhere along the line, I volunteered to provide a game for the kindergarten Christmas party (both classes = 36 kids). I thought I signed up for a craft, but whatever. Since I'm crazy, I decided to make a frosty snowball toss game (I found the idea online, but of course there were no pictures or directions for making it so I took the project on blindly). I ended up making 2 snowmen, and I'm actually really proud of the results, so I had to post a picture. The snowmen were made out of foam board, poster board, felt, and construction paper, and the "snowballs" were marshmallows in plastic bags. The kids enjoyed the game at the party and Zoe played it at home several times (until Elsa started running off with the snowballs).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm in charge of the Valentine's Day party at Bennett's school for his class...I might have to try to do something like this! The snowmen look really cute!

And I am totally impressed at the costume. I would have to enlist help, I'm sure.